View Single Post
      12-13-2019, 01:07 PM   #19
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
I have a question for everyone somewhat related to this... I am interested in getting the UCP but experience an issue with the stock pedal that I feel would only be exaggerated by installing the UCP. Basically, I installed the BMS clutch stop and found that when driving aggressively It would not allow for 100% clutch disengagement and I would grind gears(mostly 2nd, sometimes 3rd). I ended up removing all the spacers and only then could I shift without any grinding. Why this only seems to happen with my car and not many others running clutch stops is beyond me, but more importantly, can anyone comment on the ECP clutch stop thickness? I would hate to spend the cash and time/effort installing it just to have this issue rear its head again.
The UCP comes with a clutch stop that's the same size as the BMS one. I haven't had any issues with the car grinding on shifts with the stock. I also removed a few metal washers from the stop because I thought the pedal caught the bite point too quickly off of the floor. I haven't noticed any issues.

Are you fairly new to driving manuals? If so, have to wonder if your foot work on the clutch and grabbing the gears is slightly off.