View Single Post
      12-12-2019, 10:14 AM   #15
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I want to buy the slave without the CDV but I'm worried about refilling the slave as so many report having issues with air in the line.
The good thing is that you've researched the topic, and many forum members, including myself, have posted detailed guides along with diagrams, photos etc.

IMHO you only have two ways of refilling:
  1. Use a pressure bleed system that auto-refills from the top
  2. Re-fill, pump, re-fill, pump, re-fill, pump...
There is a reason why it's so hard to back fill the system - one way valves! Filling from the slave up does work, but you're pushing against one way valves and that could potentially damage them.

The one way valves actually make it supremely easy to do, once you know how. You can open the bleed screw and just leave it open (with a pipe to drain into a container). Go back up top, put a light under the reservoir so that you can see the fluid level in the clutch section, then make sure it's full and pump twice, re-fill, pump twice, re-fill. There is no need to do the bleed screw up between pumps because of the integral one way valves!

Once you've bled through a few ounces, tighten the bleed screw, pump a few more times and you're done.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0