View Single Post
      12-12-2019, 09:58 AM   #14
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan King View Post
I am curious which UCP setting you felt was the best feel? I had mine installed and set to the middle sport position with helper springs. I like the lower pedal position, but have noticed the rapid engagement in this setting I'm using is sometime annoying. I haven't tried to have it adjusted to a different setting yet, but would like your insight to settings you have tried that might minimize that rapid grabby feel?
I've tried all sorts of ways and found that leaving all the springs in was the best for me in terms of feel and modulation. Completely removing the springs makes for a fairly heavy pedal. Removing either of the two springs changes how easy it is to push the pedal or how easily it pushes back. I've varied the stiffness settings via the three adjustment settings on pedal and found the middle setting the best. I removed the two metal washers from the UCP clutch stop to give me some more room before the onset of clutch engagement.

My biggest gripe is that throttle tuning tends to become quite rapid in the Sport settings once you tune, making smooth 1st gear take offs difficult. Then there's that damn CDV. That thing is the devil. It makes the bite point move around constantly. I want to buy the slave without the CDV but I'm worried about refilling the slave as so many report having issues with air in the line.