View Single Post
      12-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #13
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan King View Post
I am curious which UCP setting you felt was the best feel? I had mine installed and set to the middle sport position with helper springs. I like the lower pedal position, but have noticed the rapid engagement in this setting I'm using is sometime annoying. I haven't tried to have it adjusted to a different setting yet, but would like your insight to settings you have tried that might minimize that rapid grabby feel?
This is exactly the reason I am tempted not to re-install my UCP. The helper spring is designed to provide resistance before and after the bite point and help out around the bite point. I think the UCP moves the 'dead' position of the helper spring so it effectively no longer lines up with the bite point position. I ended up going with the position they claim is closest to stock, but still found modulating the bite point more difficult that the stock pedal.

I'm not sure if this is only a problem with newer cars or not. Maybe the E series cars had a different helper spring setup that wasn't as good as ours.

I'm probably going to put it back on, perhaps I'll even do it tonight, but there is a high chance I'll go back to stock again because it feels just great now with the stock pedal, CDV removed and the UCP stop (which is like the BMS stop).

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 1