Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROASTM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
Side question to this, as I plan on doing ED for my next car. Would it be possible to bring one of those tow hook license plate holders with me and have the ED plate attached to that rather than the car so I can avoid this potential headache?
I don't see why this wouldn't be possible, but would likely take a bit of coordination with your SA at the dealer and/or European Delivery contacts at the BMW NA/Corporate level.

I'm unsure if there are any laws about how/where the front plate needs to be mounted in Europe, but this seems like a decent alternative if they are able to accommodate. In either case, I'd request that they don't install the front ED plate on the car until you are in the process of taking delivery, so that you can inspect the front bumper cover before they'd mount it with 3M tape - again, not sure if they'd do this, but certainly worth a try!
While all good ideas, those are some big exceptions you have to ask for that I doubt the Welt will do. I think your best bet is telling the dealer to remove the front before you go pick it up.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0