12-04-2019, 05:13 PM   #22
ROASTM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C; '06 M3; '07 JKU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Well here is another one to the sample size. My detailer (ceramic coating) took off the front plate in from of me and left these two holes in the paint. The ED adhesive literally peeled the paint off to expose the black.

Called BMW and they said it was the dealer's problem, called my dealer who said it was BMW's problem.

Luckily it's small and I may just touch it up, but moral of the story make your dealer take it off before delivery so that they are responsible if this happens.
Ugh, I'm sorry to hear you were nailed as well. This just happened I'm assuming?

It does seem to be a slightly different situation to mine, in that my damage was literally not caused by/during the removal of the plate or the adhesive. The damage for me was not beneath or even within an inch or 2 of any of the 4 adhesive strips that were holding it on at each corner. Funny enough, there was another forum member from my area who did ED the day before me, who took his ED car with front plate still on to the same PPF shop I'm using, this morning - there were no issues with his front plate removal and no surprise damages that were hidden behind the plate - guess he's luckier than we are.

Yours is a bit smaller than mine, but I'm completely with you in that no matter the size, you're going to know it's there and a simple bandaid (touch-up paint) fix isn't going to make you feel whole given it's a brand new car.

Hope they do their best here soon and get your problem resolved as well.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00