View Single Post
      10-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 LCI M2

Graduated to TT - now what?

So after 18 months of seat time in the M2 on tracks here in CO and developing my driving, I passed my Time Trial check ride a couple weeks ago.

My first TT sessions were a big step up - super quick cars out there, and your situational awareness needs to be 10x better than in your typical HPDE run group.

Thing is... while running TT in my shiny M2 is exhilarating, it also makes me a bit apprehensive when I see cars pushing so hard and going off track regularly. In one session I had a Camaro ZL1 spin in front of me, a Subaru STI blow up next to me, and a different Subaru go flying off the outside of me. It just hit home that the chances of something "going wrong" were much higher than a comparatively more chilled HPDE session.

Has anyone here achieved TT in their road car only to then wish they had a Miata or Boxter track car project they could run in a NASA wheel to wheel class or simply in TT without the worry of dinging up their (in our case) 60k rides? If I had the time, that would be a very enticing thing...

Interested in opinions... !
Appreciate 1
M2guru407.50