10-05-2017, 02:41 AM   #14
marcusfva
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: M2'17 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
Update: just took it for a short rip after installing the M Perf shift knob. Can confirm 0 lag between shifts, and monintoring the boost I can see the wastegate seems to be closed during off-throttle, still making about .2-.4 bars of boost off throttle in sport/sport+ around 4K RPM.

Shifting through the gears is instant power response 0 lag at all. Top peak boost I saw in 70F ambient and about 35C IAT was 1.2X bar. Which is just over 17-18psi..
Yes, I confirm no lag between shifts and more responsiveness. I just checked the peak boost and the top now is 4-5 psi more than before.
I'm using always Bimmerlink and the Vgate OBD dongle to monitoring the car's values.

Thank you cookiesowns, because I decided to do this firmware upgrade after reading your first post at the end of July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
What are my other options? Coders?

I just took the car to the dealer and I asked to them to download the latest software/firmware version available for my car (beginning of September).
They said to me ok but they couldn't do under warranty so I had to pay for 2hours labor.
Unfortunately they were not able to say which firmware number version they downloaded...

I just can say, in my case/on my car, it worth a lot.
Appreciate 0