View Single Post
      12-29-2016, 06:27 AM   #8
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-DUC View Post
Yeah, it was not the adhesive. The damage was not even where the adhesive was. They hit something or something hit it at The Welt before put the plate on.

Dealer didn't order my bumper but had me bring it in under that guise. Then offered to fix it. I said no, and he agreed to replace it. Picked my car up today rather than let it sit there for another 5 days while they get the part.

My OCD about having this bumper replaced and the paint not matching, or the finish not perfect or not lasting like a factory painted bumper, is off the charts. I also told them I wanted them to order new side reflectors so that the adhesive is factory. I could see them just slapping some tape over them to hold them on or worse using some sort of glue.

Am I actually better off just having them repair the bumper? They will have to use some sort of filler since as you can see the plastic is scalloped out.
I have had a bumper cover repaired from damage and it turned out fine, has been years and it looks perfect, it all boils down to the quality of work regardless of repairing the existing bumper cover or having a new one painted and put on the car. I suspect they will do a good job, no dealer wants a new car leaving with crappy paint and having to deal with customer complaints. If your dealer has a BMW collision center you can rest assured it will be done well. They have very high standards.
Appreciate 0