View Single Post
      02-24-2019, 01:05 PM   #83
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
I'm a track rat. I've been blessed to have owned a host of M cars, and I've always been able to pack my tires and tools in my cars, albeit with a very cramped cockpit. Even my e46 M3. But after packing my track gear, I was surprised that the interior of the M2 seems smaller than the e46. I know once my track package comes from Tire Rack, there is no way all my gear fits. I've trailered vehicles to the track before and it was a pain in the ass for me, and I don't want to pay to have the trailer stored off season (5mo.). So I decided to construct a small towable track trailer. Since everything structurally other than the suspension is basically standard 2 series fare, I decided to take a chance and source the Curt 11367 hitch from eTrailer. http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitc...leid=201643958. My main concern was whether it would clear the stock exhaust, but there were no issues. And it's almost invisible with the CF diffuser. Total weight is 23 lbs., but I'll put up with the weight penalty for added utility. You're welcome.
Was wondering if you cut your bumper in picture #4 where the hitch is. I am doing this now and it seems hitch is in the way?
Appreciate 0