View Single Post
      05-08-2020, 01:47 PM   #87
Dasnub
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Do you think there is a turbocharged 6MT BMW without this lag? I'd be curious to see what logs look like on an older N55 like a 135i if the effect isn't there.
I will add this rather significant piece of information to the discussion:

Prior to my 2017 6MT M2, I had a 2015 6MT M235i. I bought it at 5k miles and had no idea it was tuned until about a year of ownership, when the dealer pointed the JB4 to me. That car had at minimum a new charge pipe and downpipe as well. It may have had an intercooler. I ran the JB4 bypassed, Map2, and Map5. That car NEVER lagged between shifts the way my M2 does. Power hit hard every time regardless of RPM or shift speed. It was noticeable immediately when I bought the M2 on the 200+ mile drive home from where I purchased it. It has driven me crazy ever since. I’m glad people are working so hard to find a solution... because the M235i was much more violently fast.

Now, this could be the JB4 software making a change that overrides a BMW setting. It could also be that the unrestricted flow of the catless downpipe made some sort of impact. But there is no doubt a difference, somewhere in the chain.
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00