05-19-2021, 11:33 PM   #16
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tes View Post
Haha yea unfortunately yes. How did you end up getting the plug out? I have a couple of plans but curious what you did haha. I think my first attempt would be to hammer in the hex as the inside is not damaged, from there hopefully it comes out. If not I have one of those multispline extractor that I'm going to use. Hopefully I don't need to.
For me the threads were stripped, the hex itself was fine and not rounded out like yours was. I believe your issue is that the hex is rounded the bolt itself is not stripped unless it is freely spinning inside of the hole, then the threads are stripped too.

Anyways for me the bolt just came free after it took the threads out with it. Speaking of which I was under my car today and the transmission looks fine, it hasn't leaked with my fix so I won't need to helicoil it.

In terms of the crank seal plate I will be working on it soon, but I need some tools to get it done because none of my 3/8" drive tools will fit, they are either just a bit too short or the extensions are just too long. So yeah that sucks.

I will see if I can drop the radiator fan out of the car but we will see.