View Single Post
      03-09-2020, 01:55 PM   #7
Marvins
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

I did speak to Drexler Germany and it was like pulling teeth at first.
Anyway, they confirmed the obvious that the car should still drive other than the issues with it throwing errors on the iDrive and Kombi, which is to be expected.

I had to double check this only because said friend was adamant that the cars built with these differentials do not move until programmed, yet logic with a mechanical differential would most definitely dictate otherwise.

With the propshaft spinning under load yet the drive shafts were static regardless of RPM, it clearly suggests that the issue is with the differential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
You have to VO code out the active diff (GHAS), so the vehicle's logic would know there was a change. Only software like Esys can accomplish this.

If you don't, the vehicle would go into a sort of limp-mode because it assumes the required equipment is missing or defective. VO coding removes it from the factory order, so the computer doesn't look for it.
Yeah, I thought this may be the case. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Since today, the owner has conceded that the differential is at fault, only after I'd made half a dozen calls and emails to prove him wrong.

Thank you all for posting replies and this concludes the part of the issue with the differential. I will post again to conclude on the the coding side for anyone that would like to DIY in future.

Edit:After looking into the vehicles VO, nothing is in there for the differential. I'm wondering if this is a DSC coding due to that being the only module to throw a tantrum when the GHAS is unplugged.

I.e GHAS communication error in the DSC.

Last edited by Marvins; 03-09-2020 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0