03-06-2020, 08:12 AM   #2
Got f1?
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E46 ZHP, 20 X3M, M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvins View Post
I am fully aware this is the F87 M2 forum but the same would apply and I'm not having any luck with M4 owners.

So, I’m Currently working on a friends 2018 F82 M4 CS and the differential has been upgraded to a Drexler LSD.

Here’s where the fun begins... It no longer utilises or uses the servo motor which was apart of the original differential, now with a blanking plate installed which means that obviously there is no where for it to go.

Anyway... this means the car needs specific coding or a flash for it to work without error in the GHAS or DSC. If I disconnect the GHAS the car should drive with minimal issue and I only get a DSC/ABS Error for communication with GHAS as a fault code.

GHAS connected and the car has fault codes for servo motor errors and communication, which is then also in the DSC.

However, the car in drive mode and reverse will barely move a couple of inches under its own power, even with the servo plugged in. (DCT)

An honestly is sounds like the differential build has been messed up because the right rear wheel spins off the floor on a lift but the left one doesn’t at all, along with a grinding noise from the right as if the diff isn’t built properly.

Does anyone know if this is normal or am I doing something fundamentally wrong here because as far as I'm aware, the car should still drive with the GHAS disconnected?

Does anyone know the coding/flash data required for this and can they point me in the right direction please?
Sorry for the obvious question, but has the manufacturer or supplier been able to give any guidance?
Appreciate 0