View Single Post
      06-22-2019, 01:31 PM   #14
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsnazos View Post
100% true that I don't know. I'd say it's likely the M2 and M2C are similar but even more unlikely with the M3/M4. Different width alone dictates a different tire. They could have extrapolated the materials but 10mm is a pretty huge difference.

The reason I think that the M2/M2C are similar are only in that they were rushed to get the M2C our due to emissions. The cars produce a substantial(over 10%) difference in power(distribution included) as well as totally different 4 corner weights. Unless bmw didn't care(which I don't believe for a second due to the number of car journos that had a swing at it) they made sure Michelin gave them the perfect tire.

A friend of mine that's a sales rep in Michigan is going to France in a few weeks and will give me 100% confirmation. Until then I'll assume the trend
BMW historically does not care that much. BMW put the exact same tires from the E36 and E46 M3 on both the Z3M and Z4M respectively, which are vastly different cars from the E36 M3 and E46 M3 in weight and setup. BMW also put the same tires as the E92 M3 on the 1M. BMW is interested in profit margin and the tire is "close enough".
Appreciate 0