06-22-2019, 04:04 AM   #12
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by natmad View Post
Please do.

Edit: Tire Rack has OEM replacement PSS, regular PSS, and PS4 (and other brands), for 2018 M2 and 2020 M2C. It would be surprising if a manufacturer, car or tire, spent money to specify a different tire for each year. A specific tire for each generation seems reasonable.
It is specific to the model of car(s) it was put on. In the case of the M2 and M2C, the tire is identical and unique. Whether one believes it is any different than the M3 / M4 PSS other than 10mm of section width is a different question.

Spetsnazos has experience in the industy, but only those with access to the BMW requirements document sent to Michelin for this PSS know how different it is from the standard retail version. If you want to know my guess, it's that it is quite similar to the retail tire.

Here is an anecdotal data point - the Corvette C7 came with PSS that some claim are stickier than others. They also had widespread cracking when exposed to or stored at low temps - GM had to issue a bulletin. I have not seen any reports of cracking on F80/F82s. If I were to guess, I'd say they were PSS tread but with a compound closer to a Cup 2.
Appreciate 0