Thread: PPF Question
View Single Post
      02-16-2019, 12:58 PM   #6
andrettifan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C; 2017 330i wagon

Your car is LBB, so this isn't likely an issue for you, and it isn't directly related to your question vis how long it takes, but ...
for anyone contemplating Xpel on a white car, consider this. The leading edge of every piece of Xpel on your car will likely turn black with dirt that gathers just inside the edge and cannot be cleaned off without peeling back the Xpel. I had Xpel applied to my AW M2 along the rocker panels, replaced the factory pieces on the rear quarter panels just behind the doors, and applied to the rear fenders behind the wheels. It was applied by an authorized Xpel installer here in CT. Within a year, every single leading edge of the Xpel was black with dirt and could not be removed because the dirt gets under the edge of the Xpel. So my car was protected against chips, but had black lines at the front of the rocker panels, front of the rear quarter panels, and front edge of the application just behind the rear wheels. I got so sick of looking at the black lines that I had all the Xpel removed. Just one person's experience, and on the most likely color to have this problem (AW).