02-02-2024, 04:46 PM   #50
Threnody
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C, 2018 VW Golf R

Garage List
2018 VW Golf R  [0.00]
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
I think for perfectly flush tips you're correct and some cutting would still be necessary regardless of which material you have.

100% agree that the Remus catbacks are top-notch from an aesthetics perspective; letting that go was difficult. I think where I'm landing on this system at the moment is that I'm willing to just accept the imperfections in how it looks since I know I'll never be able to adjust it to where I'm as happy with that aspect of it as with what it replaced. I feel like the return on how it sounds more than offsets that.

I guess that's just the nature of the exhaust journey overall. There are always some tradeoffs, every system is making some sacrifice: It doesn't look quite right. It's too loud. It's not loud enough. It doesn't sound good in this scenario. It causes weird vibrations and rattles. Etc. etc. etc...

I'm hopeful that this is the last exhaust change I make to this car. It's certainly helping me feel like each occasion to drive is that much more special at the moment. We'll see if that sticks as the system breaks in.
Appreciate 1
drp087233.00