Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
Yes if you do stop light to stop light racing, og will beat the m2c
I don't know if I believe that. Both cars are traction limited below about 40 mph anyway, so both cars are really only putting down exactly as much power as the tires can handle in a "stoplight drag" situation. The S55 has more torque above about 3k RPM. If you're trying to actually go fast, how often are you below 3k rpm? Which is not to say that extra torque down low from the N55 doesn't matter! It will be there for you in everyday driving, I just don't buy that it would actually make any kind of a difference in a race unless both drivers agreed to shift at 2500rpm...

OP, you're specifically in the non-comp section of the forum. People here are mostly non-comp owners. Everyone (including me) is biased towards their own vehicle as we'd all like to justify our decisions.

Here are my justifications for the Comp:

1. I like the higher redline, 7600 rpm from a modern turbo motor is pretty exceptional.
2. I like the seats more
3. Those brakes (edit: these are not standard in Sweden. I like the comp brakes but I'm not sure id pay extra for them when aftermarket stuff works as well and allows for 18 inch wheels)
4. The extra power
5. Under hood prettiness.
6. Programmable M1/M2 buttons

That said, those talking about the N55 sound are absolutely correct. Stock, modded, it doesn't matter. The S55 is just not a very good sounding engine. Plus the comp exhaust is ugly.

Also money concerns are legit, that's really up to the individual but for some people, financially the OG makes a lot more sense and that's fine.

Again though, like everyone here, I am biased.
Much easier to get the power down 💨

Just like my OGM2 has no problem beating my M4 to 60 over and over