alscks0414
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY18 X3 M40i, MY18 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2bean View Post
Hi all,

So, my dealer is useless when it comes to informing me. I've tried but I think they're just avoiding me now because they literally don't know where my car is. I got a production number in early March. By the time I checked through the BMW website it was already at status 112. It was moving at a normal pace and got stopped in assembly several weeks due to the factory closing for Easter. The car was finished and rolled off the assembly line April 14. Within 2 days it was transported and sitting at the port waiting for a boat.

And that's the status it's still at. I called genius about a week and a half ago to which they told me there were no holds or custom issues with it, but they didn't have a ship out date for it. We're going on 6 weeks past completion date and I have no idea if the car is even on a boat. Has anyone had this happen before? Is there a possibility it missed a scan while being loaded on the boat and no one knows where it is until it reaches the port? I'm ready to pull my hair out because I have now been waiting six months total for this car since putting my order in and knowing that it's so close but no one seems to know where the hell it is is driving me mad.

Does anyone have any insight on how to possibly get more information? If I don't know something by next week I think I might just show up to the dealer and ask for the GM
If damage is an issue, it will get fixed once vehicle hits the destined country port where they would do all inspection before sending them to the dealer before PDI.
Highly likely a chance that BMW or Steamshipline has missed the booking for the vehicle and missed the boat. So it has to wait for next available spot to be shipped.
Appreciate 0