Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2020 F44 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Update 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
So what has happened is my one fuel injector and spark plug malfunctioned in cylinder 2 which caused obviously a loss in power... And as for the turbo "hissing" noise, this was caused by the turbo working harder than usual trying to compensate for the one cylinder being down.

Essentially I was running on 3 cylinders and my turbo was overworking to compensate. That's all I know for now. The car is currently still in reprogramming and will need to be kept overnight. :'( Then tomorrow once the reprogramming and software upgrades have been completed they will do their final tests and hopefully I get it back. If there's any other news I will keep you all posted.
Okay Update #3:
They did the reprogramming last night and this morning they ran their tests.
Unfortunately the car failed the test. So they've now got BMW HQ here in S.A to reprogram it wirelessly from their side. (Apparently this happens with a few of the cars because they were manufactured and built in Germany). I am a bit irritated by this but hopefully tomorrow it's all sorted, If not, I'm going to demand a loan car from them to use over the weekend.
Appreciate 0