Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2020 F44 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Exclamation Loss in power

Hi All,

So after many happy 6 months with my 14' F21 BMW 118i today is its first day of a problem. I'm on the verge of having a complete heart attack as this car is my pride and joy.

Please anyone help with anymore info.
Just so you know I will be taking it to the dealership first thing tomorrow morning but for now I need someone to maybe put my mind at ease.

So this evening I needed to fill up with petrol. As I usually do I fill up at exactly the same place with exactly the same petrol. Once I started up my car and drove off I felt a bit of a decrease in power. I then rolled down my window to listen to the car acceleration sound as I drove, it had a higher than usually almost "whistling" sound from either the engine, turbo or I really don't know.
I then went to an event & parked my car there for about 3 hours got back in but exactly the same symptoms continued. I then switched to my sports dials to see if it was my imagination but behold there was a definite decrease in power. Under 100KW of power usually 125KW and under 160NM of torque usually 240NM.

I kinda think it has something to do with the turbo or a tube but the car is only 6 months old, I have done just under 14000km on it but still...
There are no warning lights or any faults displaying.
If anyone has any suggestions or additional information please let me know.
I will keep everyone updated as well.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST BUT I AM REALLY UPSET.
Appreciate 0