View Single Post
      10-08-2019, 03:16 AM   #9
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
That's a matter of opinion... I actually like iDrive 6, and the navigation software is pretty good, but Waze in cities is unparalleled.

Android Auto isn't available, and CarPlay does a really good job, especially after you've got full screen CarPlay enabled.

CarPlay was just one of many reasons I switched back to iPhone, and I'm very happy with the iPhone and with CarPlay now that I've made the switch. I wouldn't say it's useless at all.
I have an iPhone XS Max now but I also have had many Nexus and Google Pixel phones. I think CarPlay is not quite as good as Android Auto, but they are both pretty bad and prefer using the phones in a mount to either one.

CarPlay is limited, and F8x is not really meant for touchscreens as it's mounted farther away from the driver. The most annoying thing is that Siri is garbage compared to Google Assistant for even the most basic tasks like changing music. It's too bad Apple doesn't just pay Google to license Assistant. Siri is like the Bing of voice assistants... actually that's not fair to Bing. Cortana on my last Windows Phone 4 years ago was better than Siri is today on an iPhone 11 Pro.
Appreciate 0