ewohar
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I Dinan Stage II

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerr748 View Post
Right,

For example, there is a local car in the same spec as I am looking for with an "MSRP" of $69,960

If you look closely at the pictures it has a bunch of M Performance parts on it (really, carbon exhaust tips?).

I think this explains the discrepancy, but I wish they would list this stuff separately. Of course, it doesn't help that the local market is pretty much an "MSRP" and we are doing you a favor for even allowing you in the showroom kind of place.

Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Additionally, pretty much everything listed above (and a whole lot more) can be found cheaper online with a little research.

AND, those "dealer installed" parts get pretty spendy if you consider what they *really* cost if you roll them into the cost of the car and then do any financing. You'e paying for those things for the entire length of the loan-- something that a lot of people forget to consider.

R.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerr748 View Post
Right,

For example, there is a local car in the same spec as I am looking for with an "MSRP" of $69,960

If you look closely at the pictures it has a bunch of M Performance parts on it (really, carbon exhaust tips?).

I think this explains the discrepancy, but I wish they would list this stuff separately. Of course, it doesn't help that the local market is pretty much an "MSRP" and we are doing you a favor for even allowing you in the showroom kind of place.

Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Additionally, pretty much everything listed above (and a whole lot more) can be found cheaper online with a little research.

AND, those "dealer installed" parts get pretty spendy if you consider what they *really* cost if you roll them into the cost of the car and then do any financing. You'e paying for those things for the entire length of the loan-- something that a lot of people forget to consider.

R.
Agree. The add ons do confuse things. Just got an M2C that was on the lot configured exactly the way I would have, but had $500 in add ons like floor mats. Got the car for $2,500 under MSRP in Northern VA, which is about $3,000 less than what I have been seeing. My Euro delivery fell through and I was depressed so went back to local dealerships web sites. Great inventory.
Appreciate 0