02-03-2017, 02:33 PM   #49
williewonkerz
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
OK, I can't believe I'm being that guy...

Quote:
I see you are in FLA, so you might not need the AWD, I did living in the Toronto area.
...oh you Torontonian, so cute....

Ice/Snow...AWD...I don't get the obsession, well not very well at least. I understand the obsession with 0-60 exists, but the "need" for AWD, is extremely limited. Its a nice to have, like an Automatic. And like an Automatic, AWD takes away some of the skills of driving.

I live in Manitoba, which this year has already broken many recent snowfall records. Recent strange warm weather brought ice storms. Regardless, I have driven my M235 RWD for the past 3 years just fine. Driving in this weather every day in RWD ensures good/better driving. So, even here, under the worst that "Winter'peg", butt hole of Canada has to offer, RWD is perfect.

And for the record, I've never got stuck. And I live rurally even further north than Winnipeg.

Don't get AWD, just don't, especially if you live in Florida! I await my M2 so that it can be the only shining light in my life as I am forced to live in a place colder than Siberia ...
Appreciate 3
No Boost4021.00
termigni1081.00