View Single Post
      03-16-2016, 11:38 AM   #26
v8ksn
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalrocks View Post
let me educate you a little cause clearly you can't tell the difference or knows anything about any cars.

Ferrari, lambo, p1 and all true super cars are all MR meaning mid-engine. the engine is between the two axles, and with tranny sitting behind it.

some may argue a car like c7 and viper are mid engine cars since the engine is between the two axles, I am not going to get into that right now.

all 911s are rear engines meaning engine is completely behind the rear axle.
it is a stupid retarded design b/c the rotational inertia is way to great. every time you turn (the pivot is obviously at the front wheel) the tail just want to go wide and carrying that passive piece of engine weight with it causing severe oversteer.

what you are paying is for porsche to fix this stupid design. finally after 40+ years they seem to get it under control, somewhat.

get it now?
I guess from reading your post that you have never driven a 911.

The 911 is THE most involving sports car I have ever driven. The weight over the rear axle aids traction and the feeling of the weight shifting around (and managing that weight distribution) is one of the key attractive features about the car.

The 911 is an epic epic car. Unfortunately Porsche seem to have 'engineered out' this feeling in the 991 chassis.
Appreciate 0