View Single Post
      07-02-2019, 02:31 AM   #8
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
No offense taken, you either get it or you do not. I think it is absolutely amazing, but you may like something different. I Personally like the 1M (steering/chasis/size) trifecta more than any car I have ever owned, but a M2CS with European Delivery and full warranty is enticing. I just don't know if I could ever go back to EPS steering.....

I will be curious what the final weight savings will be on the M2CS?
I dunno, I test drove an M2C for a very short time 2 weeks ago. I didn't feel like the steering was a big issue. I just think that every generation of car has less and less feedback by design. Especially with BMW, where in the base models that is the goal. Customers are demanding more luxury so the base car grows more and more isolated. The M car can only change so many components and the character of the base model is not completely lost.

I think you should look at a Cayman GT4 if you want some of the feedback lost by BMW over the years.

As for M2 CS, the weight savings might be 20-25 kg, but it's mostly from body panels you could retrofit to the M2C. Carbon ceramic brakes would be the biggest tangible improvement if you can option them.
Appreciate 1
seis-speed2430.50