01-15-2020, 09:09 AM   #121
gphung
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB - 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Read this thread multiple times, as well as the other one in the M2C section (albeit this thread is in the S55 section). So much great information and reviews, that I've placed an order with Ronald with the following specs:
  • 20% reduction
  • OEM height (will mate with the M240i MP shifter, we'll see if I have the amplified whirring noise)
  • 80a+ upgraded bushings

Like others have mentioned, Ronald was very responsive and provided great information. I let him know that the M2 is my only car, living in Toronto Canada, doing maybe 3-4 track days a year, and he suggested without a doubt to stick with the 80a+ bushings. I challenged a bit saying that I likely wouldn't mind the slightly increased NVH of the 80a, and whether he could provide insight on pros and cons of 80a vs 80a+. He flat out said the following:
Quote:
Zero tradeoff. I will be discontinuing the 80a soon. A little tradeoff between the 95a and the 80a+ but not for a daily driver. No brainer 80a+ is the way to go.
Like some others said, $449 to start, and an added $49 for the bushing upgrade if ordered at the same time as the shifter. $16 to ship to NY.

He doesn't have any shifters with my configuration in stock, so he'll likely be shipping out end of the month. Just contemplating on whether I should do the CDV delete or not.
Appreciate 0