View Single Post
      01-15-2016, 11:00 PM   #614
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
Of course they could be wrong. VW is the biggest car company in the world in cars sold and they thought that it would be cheaper to have their vehicles deceive emission tests than to buy Mercedes technology or develop their own. They just gave me a 1000 dollars for the mistake and I am sure they will giving me and the government much more.
I suppose so. If they are wrong about the impact on sales with this reduced program they will make adjustments. This is what companies do.

Look, some of you rightfully complaining about this take away will no doubt move to another brand. Some would have moved anyway. Some will move just because of the value comparison or they are just plain pi$$ed. I'm just saying that many other (who knows what percent) will calm down and when their next car purchase comes up, this take away won't be a big factor since they can't find another car company with a car they want over a BMW with a program as good as the reduced program BMW is offering. Sounds like you may be in the first group.
Appreciate 1