View Single Post
      01-15-2016, 10:08 PM   #610
atomic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x3 x-line white

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
No need. They are not only lurking, they predicted the reaction before the announcement and they probably guess within a couple percent of what the poll indicates. They also know a couple of things more: 1) The emotional responses that feed this poll will subside by the time we actually go make our next car purchase. 2) They know that if BMW is the car you want to drive otherwise, this change is not going to affect the ultimate decision for most buyers since the competitions' plans free maintenance plans are even worse than BMW's new plan. 3) They have predicted how many buyers will actually leave the brand vs how much money they will save and decided to move forward with the decision based on that analysis. These guys and gals know what they are doing. As a business person I really admire their growth from a niche enthusiast player in the 80s to an amazing global brand today. Its incredibly hard to do what they have done and it isn't luck. So, send the poll results. They are already off working on their next decision.
Of course they could be wrong. VW is the biggest car company in the world in cars sold and they thought that it would be cheaper to have their vehicles deceive emission tests than to buy Mercedes technology or develop their own. They just gave me a 1000 dollars for the mistake and I am sure they will giving me and the government much more.
Appreciate 0