02-24-2024, 06:45 PM   #1
GenXG87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 & 2018 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [8.80]
2018 BMW M2  [9.75]
Installed this last week. I decided to try this after taking the OG to Roebling Road and going into limp mode from fuel issues at 5/8 of a tank. Car is running a BM3 stage 1 tune but was stock suspension and tires that day.

Kit was pretty easy to install. Maybe 3 hours total time.

This kit is an auxiliary pump that is tethered to the jet pump line and pumps in to the fuel pump canister on the pass side. Not the most elegant solution but very cost effective and very good install instructions.

However I don’t recommend running this all the time. I pull the fuse for daily use and put it in on the track. Why? Well a couple reasons. This thing does mess with the fuel level reading. Most likely because it pumps way more fuel into pass side than is needed. The second thing is it seems to cause fuel vapor/overflow out of what I think is a tank pressure relief valve on the passenger side. This only happens when the fuse is in and the pump is running.

Here’s the good thing. Ran the car on 200TW rubber at Road Atlanta with peak G going from 0.99 at Roebling to 1.18

Ran the car to 2.5 gallons left in tank and never had an issue with limp mode or even a hiccup in performance.

That’s a very cost effective win.

I’m thinking a pump controller added to it that links into the fuel level sender would be a good way to install and forget it. Maybe I’ll program an Arduino as a home project. 😆
Attached Images

2018 F87 ///M2 DCT - MPE, BM3 stg1, MAD Intake, xHP stg2, M4GTS Diff/Steering, Euro MDM, Ferodo 3.12, APEX VS-5RS, Potenza RE-71RS, Cobra Nogaro next mods: Ohlins R&T, Vorshlag Camber Plates, SPL parts
IG: Follow ME: genXg87
Appreciate 3
FaRKle!4040.50
look585322.50