12-09-2020, 02:28 AM   #13
KHAP13
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwracer12 View Post
I like that idea. Is there an area on this forum for coders? Any suggestions for how to find one? I'm located in Alabama.
Turn on Google translate and scroll about halfway down this thread. This is not exactly what you are asking about, but it does talk about brake coding and track driving (in German).

https://www.trackdayforum.com/index....#comment-26122

I haven't experienced the issue you are referring to (constantly getting into ABS too early) but I have experienced inconsistent brake pedal pressure feel due to intervention of BMW safety systems when the throttle to brake transition is either too fast or too hard/abrupt. I have noticed this in virtually every M car I have driven on track. (F87,F87C,F87CS, F80/2C, M8 Comp) and have learned that these cars like a slightly slower throttle to brake transition. Its possible that this same scenario could be leading you into ABS.

When talking to BMW instructors, I learned that when the car thinks you are in a panic braking situation it rapidly boosts the brake pressure. They agreed it can be annoying, but suggested this is a street car first and the safety systems are necessary. With a slightly more gradual ramp up in brake pedal pressure this scenario is avoided. It also allows little more time for weight to transfer to the front wheels for braking which could help if there is an ongoing issue with loss of front wheel grip in braking and ABS intervention.
Appreciate 5