05-01-2020, 08:36 AM   #104
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
What issues are you having, and what phone do you have? I hardly use mine because its in the center console, and I have to remove my case which also houses my ID and credit cards, but the few times I've used it, it has been ok. Isn't the fastest charger, but it does the job and my phone isn't too hot.

I suppose if you have those "Max" versions, they dont fit?
I have a Samsung Note 10+. It's a gigantic phone, yes, but imo a pretty "standard" sized phone for 2020.

I've seen that thread where you can modify the "spring bar" part but the whole process just looks overcomplicated tbh. Hell, I wonder if I can just remove that spring bar so I can just sit my phone in it and it still charge, but I'm going to assume that part is essential for the system to activate the charging process.

Right now I'm putting my phone in the area by the cup holders, but it tends to move around a lot while I drive. Thinking I'll just get a vent phone mount for now, which I honestly don't really prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza240 View Post
I've been using it to thaw frozen meat. Gets nice and hot especially using Waze.
It fits the standard phone sizes, but not the "max" type of models, so it takes longer for cuts like an 18oz bone-in ribeye, but it's decent on a 12oz.
LMAO!
Appreciate 0