View Single Post
      10-10-2016, 09:00 AM   #43
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i F31 M-Sport EB to MG F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_by_ronnie View Post
Look, if this thread bothers you, just don't look at it. I'm just looking to see if anyone else has experienced an issue similar to mine. If you don't have an M2, and you don't have any experience with this particular situation or any useful information whatsoever, feel free to stop posting here
You're right, when it comes to M2 ownership, there is a difference between us. When my M2 arrives next month, it will not be broken. I gave you plenty of advice buddy, re-read my last paragraph. It's up to you whether you take it or not. Personally I hope you keep posting, because I've seen a lot of threads with users just like you. The N20 is a popular engine for modding and has exhibited similar issues.

If you head on over to the F30 328i forum, you'll see threads about mods with deleted posts because the OP finally gets it through their thick skull that their warranty does not cover mods. They then further realise that in most of the continental US, there are often very few dealers, meaning the more they run their mouths, the more likely it becomes that someone at their only choice for warranty work will get wise and void their warranty. Unlike most of the planet, your country's consumer laws tend not to favour the consumer, so you will be screwed.

Perhaps they will start with your thread: VRSF Downpipe Installed without Tuning - No Codes!

How many white M2s do you think are in the Amarillo TX area? When you get to Autoplex, are you going to assume that they don't have internet and that no one there is an enthusiast and possibly on these forums? I'm like 10,000 miles away from you (granted, I used to find people who didn't want to be found for a living) and you aren't anonymous to me, and the more you talk, the easier it is for your possible warranty claim to be denied. This assumes that your mods aren't already in an error log in your car's ECU.

Do you get it yet? Click 'Appreciate' at the bottom of this post. Delete your thread. Return your car to stock. Take it to the dealer. Hope for the best.
Appreciate 5