Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007
Quote:
Originally Posted by smakdown61 View Post
That would put the starting price of the US M2 right at 50k.

I wonder if they would drop the M235 to the 235i by putting the 300hp N55 and taking all the M Perf. parts off as standard. Start it under $40k.
personally i wouldn't mind that.

though, obviously there will be at least a 2016 m235i if the M2 doesnt even begin US production until march 2016.

I personally am not sure the m2 would be for me, as i'm guessing the suspension would be pretty harsh for most commuting. if bmw was going to offer a 235i without all the extra doodads, and you could still option it back up, that seems like a good option. if anything it'd be nice if they jstu did that today, but i'm guessing they just dont want to offer that many combinations and have to track all those options
I've driven the M235i, and if they adopt the same M-adaptive suspension found in the M3/4, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how forgiving this option makes the ride quality and adjustability. This coming from someone who's driven about 5,000 miles already in my M3, in Michigan, where our roads are hardly what I would call, pleasant. Receiving praise from my pregnant (at the time), wife and extremely sensitive father in law.
Appreciate 0