01-11-2021, 02:43 PM   #142
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaud1998 View Post
I mean, they're not bad but when I worked at Kia there were so many Optimas, Sorentos, souls, Sportages, and Fortes in the Service center in need of new engines before 100k miles.

We sold a 2018 Kia Sorento(in 2019) that was a service loaner(it had like 3-4k miles on it) and that thing caught on fire the next month on the highway. The lady that brought the car called the sales guy WHILE THE CAR WAS ON FIREand asked him WTH SHE SHOULD DOHow is the sales guy supposed to come help you? I guess common sense is not so common

I think that burnt Sorento is still sitting in the back lot of the dealership covered in a tarp (so customers that walk the lot or driveway out in the back don't see that burnt Kia.

I'd rather buy a Toyota over a Kia in terms of reliability.
I don't know of anyone who thinks that Hyundai or Kia (or any other make for that matter) can match Toyota for reliability.

But the Kia does come with the 10 year powertrain warranty. That might be why there were so many cars in the dealership for a new engine. If a brand without such a warranty blows a motor, it is probably the end of that car so it won't be in the dealership for a motor replacement.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7837.00
Mosaud19983941.50