09-30-2020, 07:37 PM   #13
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldy1 View Post
Diverter valve was installed correctly the tuner isn't using ista but different software and there are no codes present.

I think i got it wrong with my expansion and got it arse backwards i belive the boost is pushing the valve shut and dumping boost after. Mybnew valve will be on the car in the morning and the tuner said he's fairly positive that is the problem. I'm not convinced its the Diverter valve
Imo if it's not ista it's useless, generic odb2 scanners can get the standard p0 codes from obd2 system but they will not get the full set of codes that only ista can display and expand upon. Even with more advanced hand held tablets shops will generally use, those things cannot run the full set of diagnostics and testing procedures ista can run so me personally I would want it scanned via ista.

If boost is pushing the valve shut and dumping it after that is exactly how the valve should be behaving, so it shouldn't be the diverter valve. So you might be wasting your money getting a turbo smart valve.

Also when you leak tested the system how was that done? Was there a smoke test as well? Also it's really weird that it dynos boost when it's hot, it makes me think that when the car gets hot it might be pulling timing or something and as a result it cannot make power and must dump boost.