View Single Post
      01-16-2020, 08:02 PM   #233
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 35i G20 m340

While I think this is quite dumb, some people choose to not get the real M car for a reason, I've owned e36/46 M3, the e92 m3 has always been an amazing looking, sounding and driving car to me. But when my 335 with a tune and down pipes is raping it I don't see the hype for me personally, I want a balance. Since we don't have a track. But I like to screw around, and partake in the occasional 1/2 mile race where every E9x performs subpar, even supercharged ones couldn't quite keep up with me.

When I was looking again, the F80 crossed my path many many times, everything about it screamed out to me. Except the exhaust note, I've heard several stock and aftermarket exhausts on them, and sadly I found them all awful, so I stuck with my e93 dct 335is, and then had a 435 for winter/daily.

When I was looking again a few months ago I again looked at f80/f82, but again couldn't find an exhaust note that I felt I could live with especially with the price so ultimately I ended up with an m340, the new tech and awd sold me on it. And the power potential mixed with total savings, I also did rear wheel drive higher powered, turbo cars for 9 or so years. Now I enjoy being able to jump in and go anywhere I want, with zero struggles at all with certain roads or conditions here, as we get stupid winters here in Alberta.

They should have kept it separate but it makes them money so they don't care.

The next few years I do plan to have an M5 competition, but that wasn't in my cards this time around with a new business and young family.

My .02
Appreciate 0