Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 Land Rover LR4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm41 View Post
I disagree. Yes, I believe the majority of people driving around in new leased M cars are just badge snobs with more money than the badge snobs driving around in an M340, there are a lot of older M owners this is not true for.
Never judge a book by it's cover. Don't ever assume someones net worth or financial capabilities based on the car they drive. In your views, an M340i driver has more money than a 330i driver then right (since a M3 driver has more money than a M340i driver)? I could easily shut that claim down if I wanted to, but I have no need or desire to discuss my finances here.

Even though I can easily get ANY vehicle from the BMW dealership that I desire, I drive a nicely optioned 330i. There's more to life than just cars.
You are correct.

And re-reading my entire post I clearly, and vehemently, contradicted the statement you've highlighted. In retrospect, I should have removed that statement as it doesn't fit the sentiment of the rest of my post, nor do I believe it.

While I believe there are a lower number of true enthusiasts driving new BMWs versus old BMWs and there are some people who shop the max they can afford, it is unfair to make that blanket statement. Warren Buffet drives a late model Buick, I believe.