No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 F87 M2C, 2023 G87 M2

Garage List
BMW M2 Competition  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3M3S1S View Post
And..I hadn't planned on it. I'm pretty compulsive when it comes to cars having purchased over 40 different cars in the past 20+ years.

Here's how I ended up with the M2.

Called the local dealerships owner last month and told him I wanted to order an X7. I was first in line with an allocation and specced out the X7 with every option.

I was trading in another vehicle and since the X7 won't be here until Mid/late March I was turning in my trade early.
That's when it happened. Walked in and handed the keys for my trade to the dealership manager and they had a Hockenheim Silver M2 Comp with lots of carbon bits on it sitting there.

I took one look and was in love.

Went home and told the wife that she may be getting an X7 because after years of being in large SUV's including an AMG G63 and Escalade, I was ready to down size and have something fun again as a daily driver. As you'll see, my weekend car is a whole other story though
Went back the next day and purchased the M2 Comp!

Just a few of the cars I've owned in the past decade are 4 Nissan GT-R's, McLaren 650S, FType-R, Porsche 991 Turbo S.. and on and on. I only bring this up because the M2 Comp is actually one of the most engaging fun cars I've had in a while (other than my weekend car). I was really impressed with the test drive, so much so that I passed on an M5 that was also at the dealership. I wanted something smaller and the M2 feels like a glove and the dynamics are excellent.

A Pic of the M2 and it's stable mate.
Haha! I can totally relate to your compulsiveness! Congrats!!
Appreciate 0