View Single Post
      12-26-2019, 11:41 AM   #113
jas1598
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I have a 2018 LCI M2 with the carbon fiber M Perf tips, and they rattle like crazy for about 15 seconds on a cold start. I agree this new M2C design with the clamp looks like the fix. I'm sure they're rattling because my style is held with a single set screw instead of this clamp (I made sure they were pushed all the way in, but they still rattle). Now, the trick will be to convince my dealership to replace my tips with the "fix" new style design under warranty. Will try in a few weeks and report back.

Looks like the M2C tips will fit the OG M2 Performance Exhaust. I found two sites that say they fit both M2C and OG M2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squixs View Post
I took the car to my dealer last week to get the rattling resolved. They replaced the 4 carbon tips for new ones, but they still rattle. Yesterday I placed some aluminum tape on the exhaust, but it didn't help. I guess it's not thick enough to make a difference.

I guess I'll ask my dealer to replace the tips again, but this time for the newer style tips (part number 18302468411). These tips are shorter and have a different mounting mechanism (a clamp instead of a single screw).

View post on imgur.com

Not sure if these fit the MPE tho.
Appreciate 0