View Single Post
      09-19-2019, 09:51 PM   #80
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I have to laugh at all the naysayers here. It's only the tires, only the brakes, only the power, blah, blah, blah...
The performance enhancements is the sum of all the incremental gains. It's the added power, the reduced weight, the improve aero, the increased grip from the tires, the adaptive suspension that work in unison to provide the total gain. And no, I have not forgotten to mention the CCB as they do not contribute to improving lap times .
As a comparison, I am well above 2 seconds faster at my local track in my M4cs than I was was with my previous M4 ON THE SAME TIRES (Nitto NT01 275-305/35R18). But it is not only about lap times. It is also how the car drives and feels, and in that respect, the driving experience in my M4cs is quite different than it was in my previous M4. I am sure it will be the same for the M2cs owners for lap times as well as for driving experience.
Just like the M4cs, the M2cs is not meant for everyone. It is meant for those that are seeking a dual use practical daily driver and track toy that is slightly more focused towards track use than the base car. Just like the M4cs, the M2cs will be overpriced from an MSRP standpoint. But the real "out the door" price increment over an M2C will be more than worth it for to those that the M2cs appeals to.
You have to admit(CS driving experience/enjoyment aside), tires do play a role in lap times. Super Sports are an aging tire, that have now been replaced by the 4S. An R compound tire(Cup 2) will make up a large chunk of that 2secs. The CS is going to be quicker than the Comp, but on equal tires it will be a lot closer.

Last edited by hellrotm; 09-19-2019 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
Karmic Man1996.00