View Single Post
      07-31-2019, 10:59 AM   #148
gmazet
Captain
Rep
Drives: Broken 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMurphM2Comp View Post
So...how has it been? Are you loving it so far? I took delivery on Saturday and have spent the last two driving around non-stop (at 200 miles). I'm so eager to get past the break-in period. I've done a little bit of spirited driving but make sure to keep it below the suggested 5500 rpms.

My initial (quick) thoughts:

1. LOVE the engine/power delivery
2. The engine/exhaust sounds amazing in sport +
3. Fit & Finish/looks exceed expectations in real life.
4. The suspension is quite harsh. It's not that it's stiff but I find it almost bouncy at times even going over the littlest crack/bumps. (I don't remember my STI, EVO or 370z being this harsh).
5. Handles like a dream

* Here are couple pics from pick-up day.
Sounds like you are having the honeymoon I was deprived of. Car looks awesome and I agree with your points though wife and I don’t find it too harsh and it is pretty compliant. Def fun to drive when it’s not going into drivetrain malfunctions.

At 40 miles it popped a drivetrain warning, while accelerating half throttle to 5000 rpm. I took it right back and the CA put it into shipping mode and out and it cleared. Next day same thing on a pass. They picked it up on Monday of last week. “Needs a fuel rail sensor will be done Tuesday.” Tuesday comes “needs a HPFP will be ready Thursday”. Wednesday: “no HPFP in USA have to wait for Germany to send one, it will be next week”. Haven’t heard back. I’m on scheduled vacation now for this and next week. I expressed my dismay and they are “working on a solution to make me happy”. Car has 99.8 miles on it.

Sigh.
Past: 2008 E92tt 6MT, 2001 E46 6MT 2009 Z06 1997 Camaro SS 6MT
Appreciate 1