msmiljanic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by acl26 View Post
revert back to stock and try to fight for warranty?
Wait a minute: so you bought the car with a set of OEM parameters. You changed parameters in order "to push the envelope" of engine management. You push the car on track and the engine breaks down after a couple of limp modes. And you suggest to conceal the parameter changes with a reflash to stock parameters in order to claim factory warranty ?

That's dishonest and may qualify as fraud.

Manufacturers warrant what they conceived. Not what aftermarket tuners make from it.

Don't be naïve: BMW only needs to run your VIN through their system to call up information that is logged, documenting what the car has gone through. And, unfortunately for you, it logs more info than you think. If you try to screw them, they will find out.

And if you go after the engine management tuning company, tell us how they handled your claim. Don't be surprised if they would tell you that no causal link is proved between their tune and the engine damage. And so you're left to your own devices.
This is not a discussion of fraud or ethics. It's a warranty claim where the FTC has confirmed that the use of aftermarket parts does not automatically void a warranty of a OEM part. So why set yourself up for an obtuse and unscientific response due to the mere presence of aftermarket parts and shift the burden of proof when that burden is on the manufacture to demonstrate that the aftermarket part caused the issue. The fact that Dinan is willing to warranty these engines with a piggyback using similar modifications tells you something (I wonder if this could happen with Dinan). Let's discuss root cause and risk for those modifying as opposed to legal terms and ethics.

As a user of BM3 stg 2 on 93 AKI Texas, I am trying to determine if the 98 RON map is to aggressive increasing the risk enough in non track situations. I do see some knocks logged here and there. Halim said don't worry about it. I am thinking of downgrading to the 91 map to decrease the risk.
Appreciate 0