11-07-2018, 02:55 AM   #50
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I've had the best luck with the Dinan carbon fiber intake..

In 20,000 miles of driving, I haven't gotten a CEL once, unlike some other brand intakes mentioned here .
That was the biggest plus in my book!

It also looks and sounds great, plus doesn't break the bank at under $600..

Contrary to what others claim, you do feel a difference with an intake; I swapped them back and forth out of curiosity and I felt the throttle responds was better. Not a drastic difference but discernible. This intake allows for more air to be pushed into the engine, which the ECU compensates by adding more fuel, thus, more power.

Dinan's intake being a close box set up, doesn't trigger a CEL because it tested to allow the max amount of air to be added without overwhelming the MAF stock parameters, which would of usually cause a CEL to be triggered on other intakes.

I wouldn't purchase anything else from Dinan, as I found that they're too expensive for what you get and don't care about the warranty. However, their intake is money well spend, IMO.
I agree - I had Dinan CAI on my M135i.

For M2 though, the fact that you have to cut away part of oem corner brace kills this option for me. Disappointed Dinan couldn't re-engineer their CAI to fit w/o modifying oem parts.

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0