View Single Post
      01-13-2017, 01:55 PM   #26
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

If we are being logical, it makes sense. How many people today still wish they had a horse and buggy? Some day very few will wish they had a manual V8 with four wheels because it's either, slow, unsafe, expensive to run or maintain or all of the above... Times are changing.

We all whine about things like sound but the performance and mileage continues to improve with electric. Plenty of NA M owners have jumped ship to Turbo M cars and don't care about the sound. If something truly is fun to drive then I will drive it. But let's face it, one day we won't be driving cars ourselves anymore and I think at that point very few will care what is under the hood let alone what sound it makes. It will be all about getting from A to B safely and efficiently. It reminds me of Will Smith in iRobot when he takes over his car manually and catches hell for it. Overriding autopilot may be something that an insurance company uses to void a claim. But now I'm on a tangent with autopilot instead of electric but they both are the future. I'm confident M will lubricate the transition as we go NA => Turbo => Hybrid => Electric

I'm excited and optimistic. But of course, I will always covet the E92 M3 and E60 M5

Last edited by Blindside_137; 01-13-2017 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 3
6ixSpd6014.50
Agni115.50
JTO245274.50