View Single Post
      10-12-2016, 07:09 PM   #37
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I hear it and I do not believe it is differential related. It is, IMO, heat shield related. I suspect either something gets caught in the heat shield or the heat shield rubs on something in the suspension. My M4 had the same issue. I think almost every M car with heat shields has something similar.
If it were a differential issue you would hear it turning and this issue (which is the same as the videos above) can be heard when in a straight line sometimes when applying throttle, sometimes not. That says it's something else and I'm convinced after hearing it with the windows open at low speed that it is a heat shield/suspension related issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
I'm still not convinced it's stone/heat shield related, not with the sounds I've been hearing, mainly due to the sound always being exactly the same quick clang/scrape noise and the fact it happens at various speeds on smooth roads, ive even heard it while cruising at 70km/h.
The recurrent metallic 'clack'/'schlack' thud noise is too violent and sounds the same. Cannot believe that it's stone/heat shield related.