Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
I hear that can crunch noise, and my dealer "supposedly" swapped out the differential before I had picked the car up :
I hear it and I do not believe it is differential related. It is, IMO, heat shield related. I suspect either something gets caught in the heat shield or the heat shield rubs on something in the suspension. My M4 had the same issue. I think almost every M car with heat shields has something similar.

If it were a differential issue you would hear it turning and this issue (which is the same as the videos above) can be heard when in a straight line sometimes when applying throttle, sometimes not. That says it's something else and I'm convinced after hearing it with the windows open at low speed that it is a heat shield/suspension related issue.
Thanks for clearing it up for me. Yeah, this is in a straight line, last time it lasted like 20 seconds lol