Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
Yes! Good assumption
So I see it this way - Driver Experience Setting + MPE Setting = sound you get. Unfortunately one MPE setting is Sport which is an overloaded term since the Driver Experience Setting can also be in its own "Sport". So for MPE I will call it MPE Sport ( street mode ).

Below is YMMV but it kind of gives you an idea.
  1. Comfort & MPE Sport ( street mode ) = characterful and quietest but still loud with burbles
  2. Sport & MPE Sport ( street mode ) = characterful and loud with burbles and pops
  3. Sport+ & MPE Sport ( street mode ) = characterful and loudest - with burbles/pops/bangs
  4. Comfort & MPE Track ( track mode ) = more raw and quietest but still loud with burbles
  5. Sport & MPE Track ( track mode ) = more raw and loud with burbles and pops
  6. Sport+ & MPE Track ( track mode ) = more raw and loudest - with burbles/pops/bangs

* for the burbles or pops or bangs - this is not scientific proof. This is just from memory and my current feeling as I write this. YMMV depending on the way you drive too! For example where you shift, how hard you let off etc...

I drive mainly in sport and toggle the MPE sport/track depending on how I feel. If others are in the car, I may go down to comfort mode and stay on MPE sport to reduce drone or volume.

Hope that helps!
Just confirmed my choice and made the wait even longer

Great review!