View Single Post
      07-06-2015, 06:21 PM   #65
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I find that last phrase does not have precedence on an automotive forum especially if members like myself have children with disabilities.
It is sad to read some of the hurtful comments that frequent these forums but I do to tend to relate to frustration voiced by the "tradtional BMW" fans.

Speaking with many insiders in the company though, you cannot deny that there is a clash of cultures as the brand tries to define itself in the new and changing consumer automotive climate.

There can be no doubt that BMW is working very hard to avoid being the next Kodac but I believe it is also neglecting the core customers who created the cult enthusiasm that propelled the brand desire and sales growth over the past 20 years.

Surely, now that Toyota is on board to share the development cost burden, there can be room to create fascination cars that keep us "dinosaurs" happy and perhaps even make BMW some money.

It set the mould with M that was copied by all including VM's old employer Audi, now it is sad to see that they have turned their back on the very spirit that sold those basic cars to those who dreamed of having a taste of something special.
Appreciate 1